Tuesday 4 January 2011

First day - Friday 10th July 2009

Grim Reality!  Breakfast time.
There was only one other person in the Unit and her bed was diagonally opposite.

I watched as the breakfast trolley came and she had her food presented. There she was eating her porridge - using only one hand.
It was at this point that I realised what had happened to me and this could have been a mirror image.
Un-deterred, I opted for something easy to eat and had a go!

By now, my mind was racing - how long would I be like this? How quickly would I recover and be discharged? Didn't they know that I had an important event to attend on August 12th and needed to be out.

Sometime during the morning I was introduced to my care team, several people all standing at the foot of my bed. So many that I couldn't take in all their names and roles.
The Consultant, Ward Manager, Ward Sister, Dietitian, Snr Physio, Ward Physio, Speech Therapist,Occy Therapist. All active in my case - just how poorly was I?

How could I possibly relax with so many questions still to be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment