Saturday 13 August 2011

Next Events

The main focus currently is that of our youngest son's wedding in two weeks time and five days later we are going on holiday.

I have several appointments booked - some medical and some "fun" ones in the run up to the wedding and also the town where I live will be host to the annual FEVA Festival: Festival of Entertainment and Visual Arts,
http://www.feva.info/ . I have tickets for many FEVA events but know that I must be very sensible and "pace" myself so I can enjoy this latest family celebration.

I have been very tired recently and have been going to bed to rest at about 8.30, I seem to fall asleep around 10.00pm and wake up around 9 - 10 hours later! We travelled back over The Pennines last Sunday to have a family get together for my Father-in-Law's 94th birthday, I found the travelling extremely tiring and the following day had to be a very quiet time for me. I have even been resting in the afternoons.

I continue to do my exercises with the help of my husband, but the damp and wet British summer weather does not help my situation. My fingers have recently started to curl under again and after all the hours of hard work that I have put in getting them straightened out this is of some concern. I try to tell myself that there will be a simple explanation to this and not to give it too much attention, but this is the one area of my recovery that I have been focusing on for some time.

I ask myself what am I not doing or have I overdone things and sometimes get a little despondent which is not usually like me. Some days I can be like a coiled spring and cannot put my mind to anything.

Hopefully, this will pass and I will be back on track once more endeavouring to regain some useful purpose to my hand and fingers.



No comments:

Post a Comment