Saturday 20 August 2011

Festival of Entertainment & Visual Arts - FEVA

FEVA is our local annual festival of entertainment and visual arts. Every summer, for ten days a year, the town stages a wonderful array of shows and events.  
There is something going on in every corner of the town: art exhibitions, theatre, live music, spoken word and restaurants & pubs take part with special evenings - Flavours of FEVA.

The town comes alive with many visitors and I know of one young lady, who comes especially from Ireland, to stay with her grandparents for its duration.

I look forward to this as it gives me the chance to meet old acquaintances and perhaps make new friends. I have been extremely fortunate this year as friends have rallied to offer lifts to venues and I have managed to go to one event each day, except the last one. This gives me a sense of being part of the community again and some normality.

Last year, I had to leave a concert early as I could not bear the loud noise and I am glad to say that this has not been the case this year, I take this as a positive sign of further improvement. However, I still have a way to go as even now when I have done too much I get a peculiar feeling in my head. Taking heed of this I opted to rest last night and today rather than take part in my final choices.

This year I take away the memories of going to two very diverse concerts, a jazz supper club with tapas, watched a play in a pub, listened to the Guardian's Northern Editor talking of the myths & reality of the North, visited an art exhibition in the Boathouse and listened to an outdoor concert of popular music with eight part harmonies.
Needless to say I look forward to next year's FEVA and hopefully being able to do more.

All in all a very satisfactory ten days - - and now it is only one week before our youngest son gets married.












/


No comments:

Post a Comment