Sunday 17 July 2011
















This article appeared in the local newspapers in June. It was written with the intention of bringing attention to the consequences of a stroke and to endorse the work of The Stroke Association.

As a direct result, a stroke victim contacted the local Stroke Association Co-ordinator and asked if it would be appropriate for him to contact me. We have spoken a couple of times and below is what this person, who had a stroke two months prior to me, had to say:
"It was good to speak to you the other night, to make a first introduction and to swap common experiences, as I explained you are the first and only person I have spoken to, who has had a stroke........ and I must say that now l think that it was probably a mistake not doing so before now and that speaking to someone who has been through a similar experience, would probably have had some benefit, just to have spoken to someone who would fully understand"

Stroke victims do need the support of each other - to know what we experience is "common" to us. Services throughout the country seem to be very varied, but in Harrogate we have  fantastic support. I am pleased also that this person felt that he may benefit for having a chat, I certainly did. - Thank-you!

You can also read about our daily challenges:
 http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheStrokeAssociation

No comments:

Post a Comment