Friday 1 July 2011

July 1st 2011 - Milestone

Today the Statistics page of my Blog shows that it has had 1,000 viewings, which is truly amazing.

I started it by accident to keep an account of what has happened to me and my family and the changes that we all have had to adjust to.

After a few chance conversations, I found that people were genuinely interested and now it is being read by people from Australia to Canada with several countries in-between!

At the award ceremony a couple of days ago, one nominee told me that she now has been inspired to write her own account of what has happened to her.
This, to me, was fantastic news, knowing that I may have enthused someone else to do the same.

To everyone who has read or is actively following my Blog: Thank- you.
I hope that you will find some reassurances if you have had a stroke and more understanding of how it can affect us if you are family or friends of someone you know has.

1 comment:

  1. I think that people sharing their experiences of stroke (or any health issue) is more valuable than we realise. Being unwell can be lonely - it makes us 'different' from those around us, and dealing with treatment can also be scary with no-one to compare notes with.

    A great strength of the internet is its use as a tool to find like minded people or people who share our life experiences (or quirks!), when that might be impossible in our local, physical communities.

    Thank you for writing your blog - it always makes me stop and think.

    ReplyDelete