Sunday 17 July 2011

Full Throttle, Crash and Burn

During the last week I have been totally wiped out again and I cannot offer any explanation for this.

I had a full day on my birthday, which was the previous week, but then did not do anything else for the remainder of that week, even to the point of not attending an important function with a group that my husband belongs to. There was however another family celebration - my husband's parents 70th wedding anniversary which resulted in another trip across The Pennines.

So, more or less for two weeks, I have listened to my body and the advice of family and friends and just rested.

A friend of mine told me that: "I go full throttle and then crash and burn" and I think that is a very fair comment.
Since my entry: "Get Up & Go ... Went Again" I have really tried to pace myself and be really sensible.

When I get like this I become very short-tempered and sadly my husband bears the burden of this. I can be very testing at these times and it is when I feel at my most vulnerable. The slightest thing can trigger a whole load of emotions but I have no revulsion of my state.

My husband is very patient with me and has learnt how to handle all of this, but this fills me with despondancy for him, as it is at these times when he needs the most help and support.
We come out of it all with more tolerence of each other and a greater understanding of my state of mind at these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment