Monday 28 March 2011

Get Up & Go - - - Went.

Stages of recovery seem to have gone in cycles.

I have gone from initially not wanting to sleep, to waking up twice during the night, then once and latterly sleeping through  and feeling well rested.
However, during the last few weeks I have had periods of  being awake during the night and as I am more mobile during the day find myself totally wiped out by 8pm and going to bed to rest before "lights out". One evening last week  I had a shower at 6pm, went straight to bed and had the luxury of a meal in bed!

Last week also was the on-set of a "swimmy" head and headaches, I had my new glasses checked out and all seems in order. I  found that I couldn't manage shops and busy places.  I have been to the Doctor who was very supportive and did the usual checks which showed slightly increased blood pressure, a full blood test was arranged to see what the cause of the lethargy could be. At my recent eye test the eye pressure was found to be slightly raised which meant that a referral to hospital had to be made.

This week, w/c 28th March, I have three appointments at Harrogate Hospital: a field vision test, a pressure test with eye drops and physio: Unfortunately these are all on different days, but it does mean that I can rest on the days in between. This morning I felt slightly unwell after the field vision test: swimmy head and a bit off balance. When we were leaving to come home I met one of my initial care team who told me that "I was looking good".
If only she knew how I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment