Sunday 20 November 2011

That was the week that was

As I have previously stated I do not go back and read the Blog entries, I write as I feel at any one particular time.

However, the day after I posted the last entry: "Push push, push" I realised that it was somewhat of a contradiction to "Ups and Downs". On one hand I was advocating recovery is a marathon and not a sprint and on the other it was a case of pushing and challenging. Both of these ethoses are relevant and on the particular days that I wrote the entries it is how I felt. Now I am finding that I cannot fully explain exactly what I mean with regard to this and these skills are slow to return.

During the course of last week I knocked a full bottle of milk over a kitchen work top, broke the washing line and accidentally knocked the shower cubicle door of its bottom runner. None of these events stressed me and generally I take all of this kind of thing in my stride. I just got on with cleaning up the mess that I had created, and took the washing off the line and took it in the house.

Putting clothes on a washing line with the use of only one hand and arm is quite a challenge in itself and requires patience, but I have perfected the technique with spring pegs and teeth, enough said! I recently attempted to fold a king sized duvet cover on the kitchen worktop and again found spring cloths pegs to be effective. Find two corners and peg them together, then keep pulling the two edges together and keep on securing like this until the other two corners are reached. That was one of the harder things to master and quite time consuming.

Yesterday my husband and I went to do a little bit of Christmas shopping, the weather was really good and there was a street market in the town where we went. I could not resist buying the wallet/purse for myself from the Department Store. I am sure that this will be more practical and beneficial than the purse that I currently have.
The day was a complete change for the pair of us, one that we both really enjoyed after a sometimes fraught week.


Wallet purse with wrist strap.
A coin purse, card and note holder





No comments:

Post a Comment