Wednesday 15 June 2011

Life After Stroke Award nomination

I found out today,15th June 2011, that The Stroke Association has nominated me for a 2011 Life After Stroke Award. Although I have not "won" a main prize, I am to be recognised for courage, determination and commitment.

There is to be a presentation ceremony which will be followed by lunch and a chance to meet others who have been touched by stroke and The Stroke Association staff.

The Stroke Association recognises the huge and overwhelming impact a stroke can have. Every day they witness stroke survivors as well as carers, volunteer stroke clubs and stroke professionals showing true compassion and commitment as they provide vital support to others. It is for these reasons that The Stroke Association organise the Life After Stroke Awards.

As yet I do not know who has nominated me or exactly what for, and I am absolutely certain that there will be people there who are far more deserving. 

All I would like to say is a massive thank you to hubby, family, friends and my care team for being there for me with oodles of affection and giving me the spirit to beat the stroke.

1 comment: