Wednesday 22 June 2011

Get Up & Go - - - Went Again

I have been busy doing lots of good things recently, but have now come to a mega grinding halt which I hate.

Since the beginning of the month I've been to a local theatre for the final of an AmDram competition - 4 teams competing for the overall All England Theatre Festival winner. Attended The Great Bed Race, which is an annual community event where I live. I have also been to a local hotel with friends for a theatre lunch, and in addition been on a day trip with my local W.I. to Beverley and Hull and gone home to visit my husband's parents.

I am now having an enforced rest before we go to London this week-end to stay with our eldest son and his wife. Whilst we are there we are going to the theatre to see the musical "Betty Blue Eyes".
http://www.bettyblueeyesthemusical.com/ 

I so want to lead a normal life to the extent that I find myself wanting to join in with every opportunity that comes my way. In my own mind, I had made a concession to my state by taking my wheelchair on the day trip.
All this concentrated activity has made me very tired and because of this doing my physio exercises, which are of paramount importance, has been quite difficult at times.

My heart tells me that I should seize these opportunities, but my head says "no, hang on, be sensible". I have to sadly admit that my heart usually wins these conflicts of thought. I was speaking with someone yesterday who had a blood clot on the brain five years ago, and she re-enforced just how lucky I have been and that I must listen to my body and take notice of my current physical state. - Yes I have been "ticked off" but in a caring way.

How right she is and how frustrating for one whom has always had a busy life both at work and out of work.

I will take note from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment