Saturday 18 July 2015

Saeboglove trial - updates


The Saeboglove trial came to an end three days ago and from my personal experience the signs are encouraging.  The Saeboglove is a way of working on the neuropathways and has certainly made a difference to some of my weaker areas and meant that I could do things for the first time in a long while.

To be honest it wasn't the best period to have undertaken the trial, the day after our instruction on how to fit it we travelled to London to meet our new grandchild. I tried extemely hard to be diligent but on four days I achieved the wearing of the glove and exercise routine only once. On one occasion I had been outside most of the day and got very chilled , insted of trying to get the Saeboglove on I did gentle stretching exercises insted.

I returnd to see the neurophysio at hospital three days ago for a follow up, so we could discuss my progress and whether it was worthwhile to purchase one. "Research" from professionals and clients indicate improvements and once the glove had been removed continue to see the benefits in improved movement patterns. I have reached the decision that I will purchase one and will have the additional benefit of being intermittently monitored by the physio.
Having said that it is important to stress the motivation factor, it was rather tedious performing the same exercises but once the improvement became evident that was the driving force, for me, to want to achieve more. My ultimate goal would be able to drive again.

Over my two weeks trial I have:
1)  Increased the length of time that I can stand on one leg - Right leg increased by 16 seconds and the Left leg by a staggering 2 minutes.
2) My walking has improved and my bad arm, the right, is straight, loose and at times swinging.
3) I can quite easily move objects by grasping and releasing
4) Put my right hand two inches further up my back
5) Raise my right arm further to try and reach out behing the head.
6) Pick up and drink 1/3 cup of water without spillage.

All this has left me very positive about my continued recovery and has prompted my motivation once more. It is hard sometimes to keep focussed, (during the trial it was the 6th anniversary of my stroke), I still look to further my improvement and sometimes amongst all the hard work I create a bit of fun for myself - another target, (not set), was to be able to put my right index finger in my ear!!! Achieved!!!
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Whilst out shopping recently I bought this book. A very useful tool to work the hand control.
A test to see if I can stay in the lines!







No comments:

Post a Comment