Wednesday 9 January 2013

Christmas and New Year

I always find Christmas and New Year quite stressful. I am not too sure why this happens but since my Stroke I figure that it is the end of a year without a full recovery & I have to start another with the same goals. After a three or four weeks period of mentally reasoning this out I am fine and back on track.
I know that I have made fantastic recovery, but there is a long way to go yet with many hurdles to get over.
This year over the Christmas break I was rather under the weather with a flu-type virus and I did not manage to get out anywhere for a couple of weeks. I am just about recovered now, but it has been a hard road at times. If I get any kind of illness I have to recover firstly from that and then start again to maintain my Stroke recovery levels which can be a tall order.
I am now managing to do short walks and at least get out and meet people.

Below is a picture of my current slippers that I wear. They are actually a pair of GoWalk Resalyte
outdoor shoes. They are very warm and cosy and with the rubber sole are extremely safe for walking around the house.

I am still continuing to wear my resting splint overnight for my fingers and my foot-up splint when I go out anywhere. I have just recently got a friend to "dress" my splint so that if I choose to wear a dress or skirt it does not look like one big piece of black fabric around my ankle.
How I wish that I had thought of this last year: I could have gone Patriotic for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee or Olympics!

I am due to go to the Botox clinic next week and this time I feel that the time is right for another injection. It will be six months since my previous injection which is very good news,

No comments:

Post a Comment