Wednesday 9 January 2013

Chairobics

Happy New Year!  
I have had a little break from writing about the effects of my Stroke and my recovery, so now there is quite a bit to catch up on.

I am now settled into the routine of weekly exercising at the Chairobics class. I can do the majority of exercises & what I am unable to do the instructor will assist me and use as demonstration purposes. It can be difficult to try and coordinate two movements simultaneously and it requires concentration.
The exercise workout usually begins with a blend of stretches and gradually progresses to more accelerated movements all of which are performed while sitting down.
Exercise bands are also used and are great tools to use, as they add a level of resistance that increases the body's range of motion.
Exercise Balls, which we occasionally use, can be used in a variety of different ways, exercising with a ball requires constant balance to maintain stability, and makes us use more muscle groups. I have found it difficult to keep it steady when trying to roll it backwards and forwards underneath my right foot.
Since attending classes my muscles are not as tight and I am positive that it is all beneficial although it can take me a while to recover after the workout.

I have added some photographs, but as they are not of the best quality I will update them at some future time.
No 1
No 2


No 3
No 4



No 5
No 6

No.1 Keep the right arm down by your side and stretch the left arm over the head & repeat
No 2 Pull up right foot and try and stretch fingers over the toes.Repeat on the other side
No 3 Fingers loose over the knees and then (4) raise hands to clap.  Repeat, starting with hands on knee and try to raise hands further.
No5  As shown & repeat on the other side
No 6 Stretch arms behind pulling in shoulder muscles.
These are a selection of exercises which must be done under instruction.




No comments:

Post a Comment