Wednesday 14 December 2011

Glitches & Hitches

The headaches, more a feeling of getting off a fairground ride, have sporadically interfered with my well being.
I first began to notice these episodes a few weeks ago and put them down to: being overtired, not taking my blood pressure tablet on time, something to do with the trapped nerve in my neck, trying to assist with Christmas preparations or doing too much and then having to rest.

The last one was a couple of days ago whilst we were returning back home from visiting relatives, a journey of around an hour and a quarter. I suddenly felt "hot and bothered" and on a night of driving rain had to open the car window. It is a most peculiar feeling, like getting off a roundabout, and although the room or wherever I am does not appear to move around me, my head needs to stop travelling.

All of this has quite un-settled me, and with my condition being neurological, has made me feel quite vulnerable. I have had a thorough check up with my G.P. who did some simple tests: closing my eyes and holding my arm out, tilting my head back for a while and then holding it steady and whilst looking straight ahead following her moving finger. My blood pressure showed a slight increase from a few weeks ago and I am awaiting results of a blood test. These tests, along with others, have indicated Vertigo and I have now been prescribed tablets to help with the feeling of dizziness and sickness.

Anything like this, particularly when I feel any type of problem that concerns my head causes anxiety, but I have the re-assurance from my G.P. that I can go back at any time and discuss these issues.  However, I have to try and accept that this is what the problem is and not get stressed or this will compound the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment