Monday 25 April 2011

23rd April 2011 - Family Wedding

The 23rd April was the wedding of our niece, it was a fabulous week-end and the weather was just perfect the entire time.
My husband and I had to journey some 54 miles to our home town for the wedding. Friends came in before we set off to see that I was o.k. and arranged my fascinator for me.

When we arrived at the local parish church I met relatives and friends that I hadn't seen for some time. They remarked at how my walking had improved and even said that "it was the best that they had seen me looking since my stroke". Praise indeed for all the people who are and have been instrumental in my recovery.

It was a further 30 minutes drive to the reception and somewhere to finally relax in the glorious surroundings. A lot of catching up to do with some people, I was reminded, that I hadn't seen for 30 years.
People remarked on how well I was"doing and coping with fortitude".

I enjoyed the occasion and seemed to have less hang-up's about eating my meal and even managed one dance, as I had done at our eldest son's wedding some 6 months previously.

The following day we sat on the hotel terrace until early afternoon before returning to the family home and again just sat outside basking in glorious sunshine before it was time to return home. All the travelling, heat and standing more than usual made my right foot badly swollen: but to have enjoyed such a wonderful, happy occasion AND to have received encouraging comments seems a small price to pay.


Dancing to Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feeling"





   







Maybe I'll dance again to this at our youngest son's wedding in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment