Thursday 4 February 2016

Always Look Forwards


Well, at long last I seem to be on the road to recovery after the virus. I am sleeping a good and solid eight hours and although I awake refreshed I am still mindful not to overdo things.
The weather conditions are currently quite varied, but I have decided to try and walk when it is not raining. We are lucky to live in such a picturesque place with numerous coffee shops dotted around town.  I try and go a different route each day and the length of my walk will depend on my stamina levels and "which aches and pains" I am experiencing.
I was once given the valuable advice of never  finish a walk by having to go uphill. With this in mind I do try to plan my routes and if I walk alone I always have points of contacts with me in case of any difficulties. It is hard trying to regain stamina again and after the walks I just "chill", however, these days I am lucky that I can recover overnight or quicker on some days.
I have re-started to wear and exercise with the SaeboGlove and sometimes walk whilst wearing it. I have noticed that my fingers are starting to relax and be long once more and that my wrist is not as tight has it has been. Whilst wearing the glove I will put my hand flat on the dining table and see how far I can push it forwards and then turn the wrist over. I am currently working towards getting the palm uppermost. I can also build a small tower of blocks this tests my motor skills and at first was very tricky to achieve.
Two of my long term goals are to be to be able to put shampoo on my hair and wash it whilst in the shower and to be able to cut my own toe nails!!!
I am now beginning to hold a fork in my right hand and eat using this method and can now also drink from a small cup. A first these tasks felt hard work and high concentration was needed to place the fork which seemed to be heavy. I practiced with a fork and bubble wrap and by constant repetition found that I could place it where I wanted. - - You don't need expensive aids!!



Walking in the sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment