Friday 14 August 2015

"Think before you speak" . . .



I still walk with a limp or "rock and roll" after six years and always use my stick. An acquaintance called me Jake for about three years. I mostly took it in good humour until I snapped one day. It occured to me, that if it had been a really vulnerable person who had been spoken to in this manner that it could have had a really detrimental effect on them.

In the past someone has suggested that if they had a walking stick that they may be able to walk faster, but the most insensitive thing that has ever occured was when another acquaintance kicked my walking stick away saying that "he'd always wanted to do that to someone"

I am lucky that I know how to deal with these kind of situations, but I hope that people would really think how it could affect the more vulnerable.

So:

No comments:

Post a Comment