Saturday 22 February 2014

My local Fun Run - Sunday May 11th 2014





This year I am determined to participate in the Knaresborough Fun Run, on Sunday May 11th, although my pace is going to be a lot more leisurely than it will for a lot of other people because of my Stroke.

As you will know if you have read my blog, the stroke affected the entire right side of my body and the vision in my left eye. Since then I have had to have a lot of physiotherapy and support from professionals, my husband, family and friends and have had to re-learn to do the things many people take for granted: walking, writing, even feeding myself. I still have some way to go before I’m back to my old self - the last piece of the complex jigsaw to recovery is to fully regain the use of my right hand and arm.

I’m taking part in the Fun Run because I want to raise money for the Stroke Association whose support and resources I have found invaluable. I have previously hosted coffee mornings and concerts for them, but doing the Fun Run means that not only can I raise money, but completing the course will beanother target achieved in my road to recovery.

I have set up a JustGiving page if anyone would like to support my cause please follow the link:

www.justgiving.com/Shirley-Holden1 

I will keep you posted on training and the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment