Monday 15 July 2013

Blog Statistics

Occasionally I look at the statistics for this blog.

Amongst the statistics I can tell the countries where people are reading the blog and also which are the entries that have been read the most.

I have been amazed that it is being read from the USA & Canada to Australia & New Zealand. Other "top readers" are: UK, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, Greece, Latvia, India, Ukraine, Germany, France, Malaysia and Chile.

The entries that have been most read:
Five Small Minutes, Stroke Awareness Day 2011 & 2013, Chairobics, Botox entries, Splints Discharge, Stroke Association fact sheets, Observations and Comments and the First Weekend.

I started the Blog as I needed to fill in endless hours of "not being able to do very much". I had been in full time employment for fifteen years prior to the Stroke and also had a busy social life and amongst other things - latterly with a small nucleus of friends fund-raising for our local theatre.
One of my children suggested that it would be a good idea to chart my progress to recovery and from that seed it has grown and has to date had 4,100 hits, which is truly astonishing.

To all of you people who are reading the blog, I would like to say thank you and I hope that it may either be helping with your recovery or giving an insight into what can be a very long road to recovery. I always advise people that you have to be prepared for a marathon and not a sprint.

After four years I am still showing signs of improvement and my family and all of my friends have helped in my recovery, they have been my inspiration and reason to want to conquer this temporary state as I call it.

Last week was my 60th birthday & I had an extended weekend of celebrations - more of this later!

I am still going to carry on writing but I still, so far, have not revisited several of the entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment