Saturday 24 September 2011

3rd Wedding & Turkey . . . August/September 2011

August Bank holiday week-end saw the wedding of our youngest son and five days later our holiday to Turkey.

Dancing to Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" (again)
The wedding was an informal and friendly affair and went without a hitch. I had my customary dance to The Black Eyed Peas - as I have done at the previous weddings.
 The weather played its part and gave us a sunny and warm week-end.

My friend came to do my make up and help me to dress and generally assist before we set off. Two more friends had done all the shopping and assembled a buffet lunch to be ready for our return the following day.



We had hardly drawn breath before we were off to Turkey, this year for two weeks, something which we have not done for many years. I had several new experiences during these weeks and this year did not suffer any illness or was particularly bothered by the high temperatures, although I acknowledge that sometimes it could be debilitating. I settled into a routine on the days which we did not go out.  This year we went with a group of friends, which for me felt better knowing that I had a "safety net". They were all willing to asist us where necessary and were keen to help me to get into the pool, this I had not done for around 3 years.
Get ready . .



Feeling good








My husband had to help me to sit on the pool side and then lift me in. It felt good to experience the water again although it did take some time before I re-gained any kind of confidence. Friends helped me to get out of the pool and I came to enjoy these little sessions.

Our return flight was at 11.30p.m.local time and so we could take our time to pack up, have a last swim and have meals before the journey. Once at the airport I began to feel very light-headed and was overcome with anxiety - the place seemed so big and was extremely busy - and again I found that Icould not cope with this type of situation. Thankfully these occurences are getting less frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment